Here’s the September 2018 Learning, Teaching & Technology Newsletter. Welcome back!
You can read the latest newsletter here:
Here’s the April issue of the newsletter. Please share with any interested colleagues. https://spark.adobe.com/page/RRr0bOjjhAdg2/
Join us for Camp Chromebook on Wednesday, June 20, 2018 at Boise-Eliot/Humboldt School in Portland, OR. This is a *free* professional learning opportunity for anyone that is interested in learning more about Google Apps and G Suite for Education tools and how to integrate them into your classroom instruction using best practices and relevant strategies. All levels welcome. Check back for the schedule to see the sessions that will be offered.
About the camp:
- Will run from 8am – 1pm for a full day of fun.
- Bring your own device (Chromebook or laptop recommended).
- Four session times, each one 55 minutes long.
- Each session time slot will have multiple workshops to choose from, you pick what you want to learn more about.
- Use the hashtag #campchromebook to share your learning.
- PDUs will be available.
Please share this month’s newsletter with others who may be interested.
Fill out an application to join the PPS TILT Cadre, a professional learning network focused on technology integration and best practices in classroom and leadership environments. The goals of this group include:
- providing forums for networking and ongoing collaborative work
- integrating proven and emerging technology effectively to support standards-based learning and teaching
- modeling and practicing effective instructional strategies
- focusing on exemplary professional learning to improve practice
This first year will focus on the exploration of technology resources in a safe collaborative environment to support students with personalized, equitable, racially and culturally responsive learning. Teachers will be expected to complete hands-on projects, improve their technology skills in a variety of areas and become proficient in using online tools.
If accepted, participation in this group is voluntary, not paid, and you must commit to three meetings: Thursdays, Jan. 18, March 15 and May 17, 2018 from 4-7 pm. Deadline to submit your application is Friday, Nov. 17, 2017 at 5 pm. PDUs are available. Only teachers are eligible to apply. Questions? Contact Melissa Lim, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Short link for the application http://bit.do/ppstiltapp
Check out the PPS Digital Starter Kit. This suggested list of software and online resources is only a starting point for users to accomplish a digital task. However, if users find useful or innovative qualities of other applications, they have the ability to pursue that application to meet their needs.You can see the full list of resources by clicking on the link in the top-right. If you are interested in an allowed and adopted list of software or apps for purchase, please visit the PPS Digital Resources Menu.