Dec. 2, 2016 3PM–Dec. 3, 2016 4PM PST
Sessions around the clock, around the world
Check out this free, online conference! Share with and learn from other educators. Hear from inspiring speakers. Get tips and tools to help boost student engagement, collaboration and productivity and in the classroom.
Follow this link to see highlights from the 2015 event and to register.
Google Summit Registration is Now Open
Hooray for the back-to-school rush. It’s already time to start thinking about your plans for October 14. We have another fantastic Google Summit planned for this year, with two locations for easy access. Here’s what you need to know for this year:
- In addition to the learning on docs, calendar, YouTube, and more, we’re adding a focus on augmented and virtual reality, artificial intelligence, and what’s on the horizon for our classroom tech. We’ll have devices and gear to play with.
- We have two keynote speakers, one for each site. Expect an active hands-on experience for the morning opener!
- Each participant will receive a day of great learning, lunch, and a summit t-shirt.
- This year’s registration cost is $50 per individual and $40/per person for groups of ten or more. (You can attend for free as a presenter or volunteer. See the registration page for details.)
Some recent Google news:
Meet Google Duo, a simple 1-to-1 video calling app for everyone [Official Google Blog]
Taking learning beyond classroom walls with new features for Back to School [Google for Education Blog]
- Parents and guardians stay informed with Google Classroom email summaries
- Annotations help students color outside the lines — and the classroom
- More Expeditions thousands of miles away or inside the human body
- More Google for Education features for busy teachers and curious minds
Cyrus Mistry, Lead Product Manager, Devices and Content, Google for Education
Editor’s note: This week our Google for Education team will be joining thousands of educators at the annual ISTE conference. Follow along here and on Twitter for the latest news and updates.
“Teachers are great communicators, collaborators, creators and critical thinkers. It takes a teacher to empower students with these skills and create the leaders of our future. As technology becomes an increasingly integral component of our classrooms, the role of teachers becomes even more important.
Today at ISTE, we’re announcing four more ways for these everyday heroes to engage their classes and empower their students using Google tools. Look out for a deeper dive on each of these launches on the blog throughout this week.”
Read the full post here.