This is an awesome camp opportunity for kids aged 8 to 12. Discovery and experimentation includes making mistakes, but so often trial and error aren’t a part of our modern classroom. Schools often miss teaching the value of problem solving, and kids are inadvertently taught to internalize failure. That’s what Tinker Camp is all about, help kids find the joy in success and failure, and hopefully in the process, create a life-long love for problem-solving and experimentation in every tinker.
Quick Facts About Tinker Camp:
- Three week-long summer sessions in 2013: July 8-12, 15-19 and 22-26.
- Sessions are for children aged 8-12 (who will be going into 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th in 2013/2014 school year).
- The cost for the camp is $125 per child plus a $25 materials fee.
- Kids may come at 8:00 and leave at 1:00 for a $25 fee.
- We offer scholarships, waivers and financial assistance.
- Children should bring a lunch or snack.
- There is a maximum of 20 spots available for each session.
- Children (based on ability) may be instructed on the proper use of power tools, and sharp cutting tools.
- Children will be allowed to use other hand tools, like saws, drills, etc.
- All children will have great time!